Renal (Kidney) Scan
Have nothing to eat 4 hours prior to your scan. You will require a full bladder during your scan. Drink 2 pints of water
one hour prior to your scan appointment.
An renal ultrasound takes approximately 15 minutes.
Renal ultrasound tests can reveal:
- Complications of a urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Cysts or tumors
- Dysuria (painful urination)
- Haematuria (blood in urine)
- Kidney stones
- Nocturia (frequent urination at nightime)
- Prostate size
- Residual bladder volume
- Signs of injury to the kidneys or bladder