3rd Trimester Baby Growth Scan
(28 weeks onwards)
Price: €200 • GP Visit Card/ Medical Card Price: €180 • 3rd Level Student Price: €180
There is no preparation for this scan; you don’t need to drink any water to fill the bladder.
This scan is performed after 28 weeks to check the growth and well being of your baby and takes approximately 30 minutes.
The scan includes:
- Limited assessment of the baby’s anatomy that can be done at this stage of pregnancy
- Measurement of relevant body parts
- Measurement of the fluid surrounding baby
- Measurement of blood flow through the Umbilical cord and structure of the umbilical cord
- Placenta appearance and position
- Baby’s position
- An estimate of baby’s weight and how it compares to expected measurements.
Often many parents find it is more difficult to make sense of the pictures on the screen when baby is this age. Because baby is more
cramped for space as it has grown; often it is harder to make out baby from a spectator point of view. This is completely normal and
is to be expected. You will be provided with photos of baby and this is also dependent on baby’s position.
€180 with valid GP Visit Card/ Medical Card
€180 with valid 3rd Level Student ID